The Parks and Recreation Plan Draft 3.4 is available for download. To use links within the plan, download it first.
The intent of a Community Park and Recreation Plan for Hayes Township is to create an inventory of existing facilities and resources, identify community recreation and open space needs and set a plan of action for a 5-year period.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR) provides financial assistance to communities through its grant programs.
A current DNR approved Community Park and Recreation Plan is required to be eligible for Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund (MNRTF) and Waterways grants.
This is where your input and suggestions is important.
The Parks and Recreation Plan provides a framework for translating the community’s needs and desires into a specific strategy for developing park facilities and recreation programs. This Plan as required by state law is to be available for public review for 30 days. Please come back to this page for latest updates.
The review covers the following;
- Community Description
- Administrative Structure
- Inventory of Existing Parks, Natural Areas and Recreation Facilities
- Description of the Planning and Public Input Process
- Goals and Objectives
- Action Program
- View the plan, make your comments.
- You may view the Plan here and fill out form below or download it to your device for review.
- You may enter your comments here. Your comments and suggestions are important and will be part of our future decision making.