Tom Darnton 231-675-9787
Jim Rudolph 231-347-0272
Planning Commission Representative
Robert Jess 231-881-1470
Board of Trustee Representative
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS CREATION
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) shall perform its duties and exercise its powers as provided in the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act 110, of Public Acts of 2006, as amended, and in such a way that the objectives of this Ordinance shall be observed, public safety secured, and justice done. This Board shall consist of five (5) regular members, appointed by the Township Board.
Meetings of the Zoning Board of Appeals shall be held at the call of the Chairman and at such other times as such Board may determine or specify in its rules of procedure. All hearings conducted by said ZBA shall be open to the public.
|2019||ZBA Agenda & ePacket|
|January||January 13, 2019|
1. Except for Planning Commission decisions concerning special use permits and Planned Unit Developments, an appeal concerning the administration of the provisions of this Ordinance may be taken to the Zoning Board of Appeals within the timeframe defined in the general rules and procedures adopted by the Zoning Board of Appeals. If such a time frame is not specified, appeals shall be filed within thirty (30) days of the decision of the official or body from which the appellant seeks relief.
2. The ZBA may hear appeals made by any person who alleges he or she has been aggrieved by a decision of the official or body, except for Zoning Administrator decisions regarding enforcement of this Ordinance.
3. The ZBA may grant variances as provided for in Section 8.07 Variances of the Hayes Township Zoning Ordinance
4. The ZBA may also interpret the location of Zoning District boundaries and may interpret the provisions of this Ordinance.
5. An appeal may be made by any person, firm or corporation, or by any Officer, Department or Board of the Township. The appellant shall file with the Zoning Board of Appeals, on or forms to be furnished by the Zoning Administrator, a notice of appeal specifying the grounds for the appeal.
6. The Zoning Administrator shall transmit to the Zoning Board of Appeals all the papers constituting the record upon which the action appealed from was taken. The final decision of such appeal shall be in the form of a resolution either reversing, modifying or affirming, wholly or partly, the decision or determination appealed from. Reasons for the decision must be stated.
7. Any person may appear and testify at the hearing either in person or by duly authorized agent or attorney.
In exercising the above powers, the Zoning Board of Appeals may reverse or affirm wholly or partly, or may modify the order, requirement, decision or determination appealed from and may make such order, requirement, decision or determination as ought to be made, and to that end shall have all the powers of the official or body from whom the appeal is taken.
The applicant shall submit seven (7) copies of a completed application, with associated fee, surveys, plans and data as required in Article V: Site Plan Review, or other information deemed reasonably necessary for making any informed decision on his or her appeal, not less than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the hearing